St. Jude Children Research Hospital

Beside helping those dealing with cancer and their caregivers, I hope to help children dealing with cancer by having you hopefully donate to their care and future cures by donating to stjude.org

Friday, December 9, 2011

So tired, double shift at work from 6am to 11pm. Too soon to be working so many hours but had not choice. Skipped lunch to go to Lab Corp for blood work. I have the follow up appointment with the radiologist doctor that did the ablation next Wednesday and he wanted to check liver functions.

Then took my dinner break to run to my oncologist appointment to get the port flushed, more blood work and short talk with the oncologist. My wife met me at the doctor's office. Doctor addressed possible options if the cancer returns again. Gloria was happy to hear that there are options but all I could think was: more shit to go through!

The oncologist keeps stating how he will cure me and that I am the one that can overcome this aggressive cancer. But to tell you the truth, I dread the idea that it's going to be an ongoing treatment after treatment. All I can do is take a deep breath and keep fighting.

When we entered the office today, all the patients waiting were older and looked sick while I sat there looking strong and healthy with everyone looking at me like "what's wrong with him?" I ran into an old associate from work who had been cancer-free for 5 years. She was not aware of my situation. As I listed all the surgeries, chemo therapies and treatments of the last 3 years, I could see in her eyes the confusion of how I have dealt with all that and still look so healthy.

As difficult as it has been, eating better and keeping up with going to the gym even during chemo has helped my body cope with all the treatments. With the help of family and loves one, I have been able to keep positive as much as possible. I have increased time to meditate, do some Reike and just take time to relax (even though it's hard at times with my field of work).

No comments:

Post a Comment