St. Jude Children Research Hospital

Beside helping those dealing with cancer and their caregivers, I hope to help children dealing with cancer by having you hopefully donate to their care and future cures by donating to stjude.org

Thursday, December 8, 2011

It felt good to go back to work and get back to the routine, feeling healthy and productive. I had wished my first day was not so long, but I had a Christmas School dinner to attend at one of the alternative school that one of the resident at the group home goes. It turned out to be a nice dinner and was enjoyable. The school usually picks an organization to sent the money collected from all the raffles and sales of the night. To my pleasant surprise, it was for St. Jude. It made it more enjoyable.

Gloria, my wife, is upset with me for working so much so soon after the surgery but bills needs to get paid and I need to work.

What really upsets me is dealing with the insurance company. Got home to open a letter from Blue Shield saying that they denied the overnight stay at the hospital after the ablation as "medically unnecessary." Now I have a large hospital bill until I can appeal the decision. Sometime is more emotionally draining dealing with the insurance company than dealing with the cancer.

What does "medically unnecessary" really means? Its bad enough getting up everyday wondering how many more days I may have, than to worry whether the insurance company will approve the test or treatment that may give me more days. It sucks.....and draining.

No comments:

Post a Comment