St. Jude Children Research Hospital

Beside helping those dealing with cancer and their caregivers, I hope to help children dealing with cancer by having you hopefully donate to their care and future cures by donating to stjude.org

Sunday, December 4, 2011

My younger brother was diagnosed with Lupus which runs in our family (my sister was diagnosed with the decease in her teens). By the time the doctors agreed that it was Lupus and started treatment, he had lost his kidneys. On June 6, 2006, I donated my left kidney to him. It was great seeing him not needing to go to dialysis 3 times per week.

It took my about a year and a half to fully recover my strenghts. Prior to the surgery, I was going almost daily to the gym and could bench easily 300lbs. I was strong, but like I said it took longer that I expected to fully recover but I did and everything seemed great. By December 2008, I was feeling great and people/friends told me that I looked great! If I had any concerns about my health, it was only the possibility of having Lupus which I was a carrier (which I was tested after my brother was diagnosed).

My boss and friend was due to have her first baby around December 23rd. She was going to be out for couple of weeks which meant I needed to be available at all times at the group home, so being sick was not what I needed or wanted.

December 22, 2008, started as any normal Monday and went to work as usual. After work, I went home where I had dinner followed with helping Bryan with his homework. After all my father/husband duties were completed, I went to the gym where I finished my heavy workout with no issues. When I started to do ads workout, I started to feel nausea so I stopped thinking that dinner did not seat well. I went home and skipped my after workout meal. After taking a quick shower, I went to sleep not feeling too well.

(will continue my story on next post - computer is acting up - sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment