St. Jude Children Research Hospital

Beside helping those dealing with cancer and their caregivers, I hope to help children dealing with cancer by having you hopefully donate to their care and future cures by donating to stjude.org

Sunday, December 11, 2011

So much for resting today...after breakfast it was time to clean the house...no free pass that I was still hurting from the surgery...Bryan was happy that he did not have to do my part of the cleaning! Again, it was good to clean. Most take it for granted those little things until you cannot do it. Being able to do house cleaning it's precious...better than lying in bed sick or in pain!

I also ventured to the gym. My wife wanted that I only do cardio but I felt strong so tried the weights. Although a bit stiff, it fell good to lift again. Going to the gym is not about vanity but for self-healing. Beside keeping the body strong, it helps to keep a positive mindset and give that feeling that the cancer cannot beat me.

After the gym and shower, I watched with my son the Jets game. It was a good game. We finished watching the game at Applebee for dinner. Afterwards, we went to church (lots to be thankful for, I am still here, kicking and fighting).

The rest of night was uneventful, TV and horse playing with Bryan. Both are in bed now...were I should be since wake up time is 5:30am, but Giants game was a nail biter.

As I said, a nice day of no worry and no pain. I will take as many as God gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment